[sudo-workers] Sudo on AIX 5.3?

Glenn Pitcher GlennP at MedImpact.com
Fri Jul 21 18:34:21 EDT 2006

Has anyone been able to get sudo working on AIX 5.3?  I've compiled
1.6.8p12, and it compiles fine but when I attempt to use it I'm getting
segmentation faults.  I'm not really sure if the problem is with sudo
itself or something in the base OS because if I disable LDAP support in
/usr/lib/security/methods.cfg, the code works fine.  Also, I've been
able to narrow down the fault to something in yyparse() in sudo.tab.c.
I also found that if I remove pretty much everything from  my customized
sudoers file the code will work so I suspect it's a problem in how
groups stored in LDAP are being retrieved.  (btw, I know there's no
actual problem with the sudoers file itself as I have it rolled out to
>150 Solaris boxes with no problems)

----
Glenn Pitcher
Security Engineer
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
San Diego, CA
glenn dot pitcher at medimpact.com

This transmission, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify the original sender immediately and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer.