[sudo-workers] sudo 1.7.3b3 available

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Mon Jun 14 17:28:19 EDT 2010

A new beta version of sudo 1.7.3 is now available.

Download links:
    http://www.sudo.ws/sudo/dist/beta/sudo-1.7.3b3.tar.gz
    ftp://ftp.sudo.ws/pub/sudo/beta/sudo-1.7.3b3.tar.gz

Major changes between sudo 1.7.2p7 and 1.7.3b3:

 * Support for logging I/O for the command being run.
   For more information, see the documentation for the "log_input"
   and "log_output" Defaults options in the sudoers manual.  Also
   see the sudoreplay manual for how to replay I/O log sessions.

 * The use_pty sudoers option can be used to force a command to be
   run in a pseudo-pty, even when I/O logging is not enabled.

 * On some systems, sudo can now detect when a user has logged out
   and back in again when tty-based time stamps are in use.  Supported
   systems include Solaris systems with the devices file system,
   Mac OS X, and Linux systems with the devpts filesystem (pseudo-ttys
   only).

 * Sudo's SELinux support should now function correctly when running
   commands as a non-root user and when one of stdin, stdout or stderr
   is not a terminal.

 * Sudo now uses mbr_check_membership() on systems that support it
   to determine group membership.  Currently, only Darwin (Mac OS X)
   supports this.

 * The passwd_timeout and timestamp_timeout options may now be
   specified as floating point numbers for more granular timeout
   values.