[sudo-workers] Compiling sudo for AIX 5.3 with LDAP

Wong Ren Ren.Wong at comverse.com
Tue Sep 13 15:36:33 EDT 2011

Ho Todd,

Yes. with /etc/ldap.conf, it works.
Thanks you for your assistance.

Ren

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd C. Miller [mailto:Todd.Miller at courtesan.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:45 PM
To: Wong Ren
Cc: sudo-workers at sudo.ws
Subject: Re: [sudo-workers] Compiling sudo for AIX 5.3 with LDAP

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:24:39 PDT, Wong Ren wrote:

> BTW, there is no /etc/sudo.conf nor /etc/ldap.conf. (Since this is
> IBM LDAP,the file is /etc/security/ldap/ldap.cfg)
>
> Is it necessary to have a /etc/ldap.conf?  Truss of the sudo shows
> the following:

You must have /etc/ldap.conf unless you set a different file name
using the --with-ldap-conf configure argument.  Note that the IBM
/etc/security/ldap/ldap.cfg has a different syntax than the ldap.conf
sudo is expecting.

 - todd

“This e-mail message may contain confidential, commercial or privileged information that constitutes proprietary information of Comverse Technology or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies and contact us by e-mailing to: security at comverse.com. Thank You.”