[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.3rc1 available
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Fri Sep 16 19:44:21 EDT 2011
The first release candidate for sudo version 1.8.3 is now available.
Sudo 1.8.3 is a bug fix release and does not include any new features.
Major changes between sudo 1.8.2 and 1.8.3rc1:
* Fixed expansion of strftime() escape sequences in the "log_dir"
* Added new Esperanto translation from translationproject.org.
* Sudo will now use PAM by default on AIX 6 and higher.
* Added --enable-werror configure option for gcc's -Werror flag.
* Visudo no longer assumes all editors support the +linenumber
command line argument. It now uses a whitelist of editors known
to support the option.
* Fixed matching of network addresses when a netmask is specified
but the address is not the first one in the CIDR block.
* The configure script now check whether or not errno.h declares
the errno variable. Previously, sudo would always declare errno
itself for older systems that don't declare it in errno.h.
* The NOPASSWD tag is now honored for denied commands too, which
matches historic sudo behavior (prior to sudo 1.7.0).
* Sudo now honors the "DEREF" setting in ldap.conf which controls
how alias dereferencing is done during an LDAP search.
More information about the sudo-workers