[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.19b1 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Nov 22 11:26:19 MST 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The first beta version of sudo 1.8.19 is now available.
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.19b1 and 1.8.18p1:
* New "syslog_maxlen" Defaults option to control the maximum size of
syslog messages generated by sudo.
* Sudo has been run against PVS-Studio and any issues that were
not false positives have been addressed.
* I/O log files are now created same group ID as the parent directory
and not the invoking user's group ID.
* I/O log permissions and ownership are now configurable via the
"iolog_mode", "iolog_user" and "iolog_group" sudoers Defaults
* Fixed configuration of the sudoers I/O log plugin debug subsystem.
Previously, I/O log information was not being written to the
sudoers debug log.
* Fixed a bug in visudo that broke editing of files in an include
dir that have a syntax error. Normally, visudo does not edit
those files, but if a syntax error is detected in one, the user
should get a chance to fix it.
* Warnings about unknown or unparsable sudoers Defaults entries now
include the file and line number of the problem.
* Visudo will now use the file and line number information about an
unknown or unparsable Defaults entry to go directly to the file
with the problem.
* Fix a bug in the sudoers LDAP back-end where a negated sudoHost
entry would prevent other sudoHost entries following it from matching.
* Warnings from visudo about a cycle in an Alias entry now include the
file and line number of the problem.
* In strict mode, visudo will now use the file and line number
information about a cycle in an Alias entry to go directly to the
file with the problem.
* The sudo_noexec.so file is now linked with -ldl on systems that
require it for the wordexp() wrapper.
* Fixed linking of sudo_noexec.so on macOS systems where it must be
a dynamic library and not a module.
* Sudo's "make check" now includes a test for sudo_noexec.so
* The sudo front-end now passes the user's umask to the plugin.
Previously the plugin had to determine this itself.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the sudo-workers