[sudo-workers] sudo 1.8.30b1 released
Todd C. Miller
Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Thu Nov 21 16:18:06 MST 2019
The first beta version of sudo 1.8.30 is now available. Sudo 1.8.30
is a bug fix release.
For a list of download mirror sites, see:
Sudo web site:
Sudo web site mirrors:
Major changes between sudo 1.8.30b1 and 1.8.29:
* Fixed a warning on macOS introduced in sudo 1.8.29 when sudo
attempts to set the open file limit to unlimited. Bug #904.
* Sudo now closes file descriptors before changing uids. This
prevents a non-root process from interfering with sudo's ability
to close file descriptors on systems that support the prlimit(2)
* Sudo now treats an attempt to run "sudo sudoedit" as simply
"sudoedit". If the sudoers file contains a fully-qualified path
to sudoedit, sudo will now treat it simply as "sudoedit" (with
no path). Visudo will will now treat a fully-qualified path
to sudoedit as an error. Bug #871.
* Fixed a bug introduced in sudo 1.8.28 where sudo would warn about
a missing /etc/environment file on AIX and Linux when PAM is not
enabled. Bug #907
* Fixed a bug on Linux introduced in sudo 1.8.29 that prevented
the askpass program from running due to an unlimited stack size
resource limit. Bug #908.
* If a group provider plugin has optional arguments, the argument list
passed to the plugin is now NULL terminated as per the documentation.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the sudo-workers