[sudo-workers] Adding a second sysconfdir

Otto Hollmann otto.hollmann at suse.com
Mon Apr 17 10:02:01 MDT 2023

Hello there,
I'm new sudo maintainer at SUSE. I would like thank you for your patch and
apologize for delay.

I tested your changes and two paths work well. But configure script doesn't meet
our requirements.

I used following options:
--enable-distconf
--prefix=/usr
--sysconfdir=/etc

which resulted into following:
sysconfdir = /etc
distconfdir = /usr/etc

This is fine, but we would like to install all files into $distconfdir,
primarily read from $sysconfdir and then fallback to $distconfdir.
For more details see:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_UsrEtc#What_do_we_want_to_do?

There are two possible options I'm suggesting:

1) * introduce new option (--distconfdir) and then use --sysconfdir=/usr/etc and
--distconfdir=/etc
   * change order of paths so they will be in following order: "/etc;/usr/etc"
   This could be confusing, because we are interchanging sysconfdir with
distconfdir.

2) * use $distconfdir (if enabled --enable-distconf ) to install files.
   This will require more changes but it will be better to understand.

I guess second option is better. Can you please confirm that you also prefer
second option? Of course if you know about better way, let me know and I will
try to implement it.

Thank you

Otto