[sudo-workers] Adding a second sysconfdir

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at sudo.ws
Mon Apr 17 12:34:00 MDT 2023

Has there been any agreement between the autoconf maintainters as
to what the option should be called?  The last time I checked there
was a discussion about using and adminconfdir instead of distconfdir:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf-patches/2023-02/msg00017.html

I think that the adminconfdir proposal better matches what you want.
In this case you would use:

    --sysconfdir=/usr/etc --adminconfdir=/etc

so files in /etc would override those in /usr/etc.

That conversation appears to have died out in February.  I was
hoping this would show up in some form in autoconf 2.72 but that
seems unlikely now.