Using sudo to track root transactions

Ron Woerner ron_woerner at csgsystems.com
Tue Feb 22 13:51:58 EST 2000

Joe,
Here is a korn-shell script we created that forces all commands to use sudo.
It doesn't work for pipes "|" and it's just a "quick and dirty", but it works.

(It's been tested on Solaris and AIX).
If you wanted all commands for a user to be run as root using sudo, you could
put this in their .kshrc startup file.  I wouldn't recommend it though.  If a
user
needs to run as root for a while, have them run this script.  When they are
done,
they can exit back to their own account.
Just be carefull because using sudo for all commands could fill-up the log
file fast.

#!/bin/ksh
#
# This script will always run sudo.
# You can either run it seperately (recommended) or
# if you *always* want to run as root, put it in .kshrc
#
# Thanks to Jay

while doitforever=0
   do