parameter syntax in visudo ?

Steven Vallarian svallarian at csa1.com
Mon Sep 18 15:18:55 EDT 2000

Greetings:

Thanks for such a fine utility.
I have a problem getting the "Parameters" to take effect in the sudoers
file.

What I'm trying to do is allow certain users to run a restricted smit
session that will not allow shells. To
do this I've made a copy of smit and date and placed them in /home/sudouser.
What I would like the users to be able
to do is run "sudo smitty date" and sudo would access the copy of smit in
/home/sudouser instead of /usr/bin/

I *think* the secure_path can be used for that, but when I leave it like it
is below, sudo still looks for the smit program in /usr/bin.
Did I just mess up the syntax, or am I way off base here?

Thanks...

sudoers:

# Host alias specification
Parameters                 secure_path=/home/sudouser

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL
%chgdtz ALL=(ALL) /home/sudouser/smitty date

Thanks,
Steven V.
Central Service Association