Newbie SUDO question

mackay at kodak.com mackay at kodak.com
Thu Aug 16 16:15:33 EDT 2001

From: Scott D. MacKay

One idea would be to script it.  Either develop a non interactive non-parameter
accepting script or compile a C program which can kill the process.  Allow them
access to invoke that script/program ala:

Cmd_alias = KILLP = /packages/custom/bin/killit

You wil need, of course, need to have good insurance that the value in the
/tmp/process.pid is actually what it says it is.

-Scott

"Villegas, Beatriz D." <Beatriz.Villegas at ibx.com> on 08/16/2001 04:02:32 PM