Shell time out problem

Shaji Nair shnair at ea-dc.dhl.com
Fri Aug 17 04:56:48 EDT 2001

Hi,
   We have got hpux 11/10.2 on our machine and also we use sudo for
all admins to get root access from their indivdual accounts. In the
root profile we have mentioned a idle time out, the system will give
a timout message and log out the root account after reaching this
time. This is working fine when i do a telnet, but when i do a sudo
su - and leave the term to let it tmeout my parent session is
hanging. I can't type anything on this session after the time out.
Please let me know is you have had a problem like this in the past
and the solution for the same.

Regards
Shaji Nair