Question about Sudo

Rich Dempsey dempsey at kodak.com
Tue Oct 9 09:52:48 EDT 2001

While I'm inclined to agree with Bjorn that "sudo is your friend",
neither is it the all purpose tool.  It seems to me that Espen's
requirement can be better met through the use of Unix groups.
Namely, set the gid bit on directory /aaa/bbb/ccc and all its
children, as well as group write permission (i.e., chmod 2775 /aaa/bbb/ccc)
have the directory and its children owned by group abc, and have
the users be members of the abc group.  In this way, they can have
full access to the files in question, the GID bit on the directory
will keep the permissions straight, and sudoers can be kept simple.

Rich