[sudo-users] Question about sudo

nassiba at bluemail.ch nassiba at bluemail.ch
Tue Feb 22 06:58:26 EST 2005

Hi,

I have found in the internet a new compiled (we have no compiler) version
of sudo for solaris 9. Which is "sudo-1.6.8p4-sol9-sparc-local.gz".

But there was the following warning :

<<

Sudo (superuser do) allows a system administrator to give certain users (or
groups of users) the ability to run some (or all) commands as root while
logging all commands and arguments. The sudoers file is installed in /usr/local/etc,
rather than /etc. Note that in this version, the sudoers file cannot contain
spaces or tabs before labels. This is different than in some earlier versions.
Therefore, if you are moving your sudoers file from a previous version, you
may need to do some minor editing - installs in /usr/local.

Does someone know what do they mean by "Labels"?

With Best Regards
Nassiba