[sudo-users] Difficulty with /sbin in PATH

Todd C. Miller Todd.Miller at courtesan.com
Tue Feb 19 19:15:24 EST 2008

In message <8e4dbfa80802191540q2243c948g3564a834523b0836 at mail.gmail.com>
	so spake "Andreas Hasenack" (ahasenack):

> Is this how it is supposed to work? I thought it would use the target
> user's PATH to discover which program was supposed to run and then
> match it against the sudo rule.

No, it is supposed to use the PATH specified by the --with-secure-path
option for searching.  The exception to this is that users in the
"exempt" group are not affected by the secure path setting but if
that were the case I would not expect the PATH change to show up
in "sudo env".