[sudo-users] sudo and ulimits on aix 5.3

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Tue Feb 26 16:27:52 EST 2008

Hi,
I am having problems getting sudo to use the ulimits of the user it is
running my process as. It's possible we've had this problem all along
and never noticed until now. It looks like the -c flag is supposed to
cause this to work however my sudo doesn't appear to accept that flag
(platform dependant - no love for AIX?). I've tried this with sudo
1.6.8p12 and 1.6.9p13. Is there any hope or are users of unixes
without BSD login classes left out in the cold? ;)

[myhost /home/dosman]$ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         41943020
data(kbytes)         131072
stack(kbytes)        32768
memory(kbytes)       32768
coredump(blocks)     2097151
nofiles(descriptors) 8192

[myhost /home/dosman]$sudo -u test /usr/bin/ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         41943020
data(kbytes)         131072
stack(kbytes)        32768
memory(kbytes)       32768
coredump(blocks)     2097151
nofiles(descriptors) 8192

And the actual ulimits of account "test":
myhost /home/test$ ulimit -a
time(seconds)        unlimited
file(blocks)         unlimited
data(kbytes)         unlimited