[sudo-users] Sudo 1.8.1 compialtion with LDAP

Rakesh Rajasekharan rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 09:06:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am compiling the SUDO 1.8.1 version with LDAP support. Basically I need
to compile SUDO on an HPUX HPPA and ia64 machine and create a binary that
can be used
across various other HPUX machines. My concern here is I want to compile it
with LDAP support so, do I really need to have ldap installed on the machine
that I am compiling or
its fine if I have LDAP installed on the machine where I am going to execute
the binaries.

Below is the config options that I use.

Configure args: --prefix=/opt/soe/local/sudo-1.8.1
--exec-prefix=/opt/soe/local/sudo-1.8.1 --sysconfdir=/opt/soe/local/etc
--with-pam --with-timedir=/var/run/sudo --with-CC=gcc --with-ldap.

Please let me know,

Thanks ,
Rakesh